In the current economic environment, very few people can afford the luxury of having money stashed away for a rainy day. Thus, access to credit is a key economic strength to have. When faced with an emergency, there is often the need for financial assistance. However, getting approved for this assistance proves difficult if you have a bad credit score. Luckily, some lenders are willing to take the risk of offering emergency loans.
Like any other service, there are service providers out there that are better than credit lenders. Given the time-sensitive nature of emergencies, you might be tempted to go for the first option you find without necessarily stopping to weigh the pros and cons. You might not stop to consider the high interest rates charged, as well as the repayment terms for the loan in question. Aside from sorting out the issue at hand, how does the acquired loan affect your financial security in the end?
Emergencies are stressful affairs that make you seek the easiest way out, even if it is not the most suitable or advisable option in the end. To save you time and effort, we have curated a list of the best providers of emergency loans with bad credit.
List of Online Payday Lenders to Get Emergency Loans with Bad Credit
1. Moneymutual: Top Pick for Best Emergency Loans for Bad Credit
2. BadCreditloan: Get Instant Secured Personal Loans with Guaranteed Approval
3. CashUSA: Best Peer-to-Peer Emergency Fund with Credit Union
4. PersonalLoan: Instant Loan Lenders at Low Interest Rates
#1.Money Mutual: Top Pick for Best Emergency Loans for Bad Credit
MoneyMutual is an online lending market that first offered its services in 2010. The drive behind this platform is the growing need for financial aid to meet day-to-day obligations. Instead of going through multiple lender websites, the MoneyMutual platform acts as a one-stop shop for those looking for emergency loans. The platform has gathered over two million users.
Affiliated with the Online Lenders Alliance, this platform allows for access to short-term loans that cover emergencies, holidays, medical expenses, and other personal expenses. Like PersonalLoans.com, MoneyMutual allows its users to gain access to a broad network of lenders. The biggest selling point for this platform is that borrowers with bad credit histories are free to make the most out of it. One is still worthy of consideration for getting an emergency loan even with poor credit.
It takes only minutes for a lender to reach out to you after filling in and submitting the loan request form. Did we mention that there are no origination fees attached to the request form? Once you find an offer that you are interested in, the platform redirects you to the lender’s website for further instruction and information. After evaluating the terms and conditions of the lender and finding them to be agreeable, the next step is to receive the agreed-upon loan amount. It usually takes no more than 24 hours for the loan approval and to be deposited into your account.
Lenders on the Money Mutual platform strive to make the processes transparent and hassle-free. They pride themselves in clearly communicating their terms and conditions to ensure that both understand what to expect upon entering the transaction. Available loans range from as low as 0 up to $5000. These are essentially short-term loans or payday loans with a relatively short repayment period.
- Transparent And Hassle-Free Service: The application process is straightforward with a quick response time. Lenders take time to communicate the terms and conditions to potential credit borrowers.
- Short Term Loans: Lenders on this platform offer loans of between $100 and $5000 with a return period of a few months.
- Quick Disbursement of Funds: It takes about 24 hours to get the funds disbursed into your savings account.
- Accredited Platform: MoneyMutual is accredited by the Online Lenders Alliance.
- Secure: Encryption technology employed by the platform works to protect your data at all times.
- Quick disbursement of funds
- Informative website
- A vast network of lenders
- Reliable, secure, and reputable
- Access to small loans
- Unavailable in New York
- Restricted to users with a monthly income of at least $1000
#2. BadCreditLoans: Get Instant Secured Personal Loans with Guaranteed Approval
As the name suggests, BadCreditLoans works to assist people to ease their financial burdens. Similar to afore-named platforms, BadCreditLoans does not directly lend money to its clients. Instead, it works to consolidate lenders into one platform that borrowers can simply access. The platform seeks to educate its users on safe and responsible borrowing. Despite being hard-pressed for money, entering into a long-term debt trap only does more harm to your financial situation.
Lenders on this platform typically offer emergency loans that are collateral-free regardless of your credit score and credit history. These can be either state-licensed or tribal lenders. The borrowing process is transparent, easy, and fast funding.
The first step is to provide the necessary information when filling out the loan request forms. This platform does not charge a fee for that service. Next, lenders that receive your loan request deliberate your suitability for the various loan options available. Those that find you a suitable candidate for their lending services reach out to you with an offer. It is up to you to comb through the terms and conditions of the offer(s) you receive and determine suitability. Once you find an offer that you are comfortable with, go ahead and approve. In a time frame of 24 hours or less, the approved funds will be available.
To qualify for a loan, you need to provide proof of citizenship, be 18 years or older, have a reliable monthly income, and have a bank account.
Suppose your loan application is unsuccessful within this online lending market. In that case, BadCreditLoans strives to match you with a lender offering alternative financial services that may be more suited to your needs at the time.
- Informative Website:BadCreditLoans strives to educate potential lenders on the dos and don’ts of online lending.
- Credit Line Options: Lenders on this platform sometimes offer a line of credit options to potential borrowers. With a credit line, you can frequently borrow within the confines of the approved limit.
- Time Effective: It takes 24 hours for funds to be disbursed once you have agreed to the terms and conditions presented by the lender. Remember to take your time to review each offer before accepting it. Make sure the terms are favorable.
- Long-term Repayment Periods: Loan repayment periods range between three months and six years.
- Data encrypted platform ensuring the security of sensitive client information
- Educational materials to aid clients to make informed decisions
- Comparable rates from different vendors
- A vast vendor network
- Good customer service
- Long repayment periods
- Quick money transfers
- Offers additional credit products to meet your needs
- High lending interest rates
#3.CashUSA: Best Peer-to-Peer Emergency Fund with Credit Union
CashUSA.com is a preferred online lenders market ideal for people looking for emergency payday financial assistance with a low credit score. Lenders in their network include both state-licensed and tribal lenders. The latter follow the rules and regulations specified by tribal and federal laws, while the former subscribe to state laws.
Acquiring a personal loan through CashUSA.com requires you to fill out a short request form at no origination fee. To qualify for a loan, you need to provide personal information proving that you are a citizen of the United States or have a permanent residency. You also need to be 18 years or older. Additionally, your post-tax monthly income needs to be at least $1000. Lastly, you will provide your bank account details to get your funds once approved. Given the sensitive nature of the information users provide, CashUSA.com employs industry-approved security and encryption measures to ensure safety
Lenders within the network consider your application based on the information you provide. Once a lender approves your loan request, funds are available in your checking account within a business day. The maximum available amount is $10,000 with a repayment period of up to 72 months. The minimum loan amount offered is $500. Should you be unable to repay your loan in the agreed-upon time, lenders might offer extensions. This is, however, at the lender’s discretion.
Lender rates range between 5.99% and 35.99% depending on the state they operate from and the type of lender they are. Tribal lenders will typically have a higher lending rate than state-licensed lenders.
CashUSA.com not only helps you access funding when you most need it; it prides itself on educating the masses on financial matters. Its website has various resources on issues of banking, finances, debt, and credit.
- Secure: The service uses industry-approved encryption technology to safeguard your information. The application process is straightforward, with no hidden charges.
- Quick Fund Disbursement: Funds are usually released within a day. This time frame is ideal when looking for an emergency loan.
- Educational Website: CashUSA.com has several insightful articles aimed at increasing their audience’s financial literacy. Before you decide what emergency loan best suits your needs, look through the various resources they provide.
- Round-The-Clock Availability: The customer service is available round the clock and is reachable by text, email, or phone.
- Flexible loan offers
- Educational platform
- Secure and fast funding
- Good customer service
- Easy and convenient application
- Restricted to users with a post-tax monthly income of at least $1000
- Relatively high APRs
#4. Personal Loans: Instant Loan Lenders at Low Interest Rates
PersonalLoans.com is an online platform that allows borrowers to access several personal loan types, whether you are borrowing because of an emergency, medical reasons, or other personal reasons. PersonalLoans.com is not a direct lender. The platform houses a vast network of third-party lenders and lender networks, including state and tribal lenders, which you can access at your convenience.
To access credit facilities via the PersonalLoans.com platform, you are required to fill out a straightforward loan request form. Once you have filled in the required information based on the loan type you need, this information is then forwarded to the lenders within the platform’s network for further evaluation. Should any lender find you a suitable candidate, PersonalLoans.com then sends you to their offer page(s). It is now up to you to follow the specific instructions provided by your potential lender if any.
Once presented with an offer, take time to go through the terms and conditions before committing to taking and repaying the loan. The final decision of whether to accept or reject the loan offer presented lies with you. The fund transfer process begins only when the offer and the underlying terms and conditions are agreeable to both parties. This typically happens within one business day.
PersonalLoans.com allows you to gain access to lenders that offer you a repayment period of between three months and six years, depending on the loan type and amount borrowed. The platform ensures the security of information provided by customers by employing data encryption mechanisms. It has also acquired the Online Lending Alliance’s stamp of approval, adding to the platform’s credibility and reliability.
Should you fail to find a lender through PersonalLoans.com, they’ll take it upon themselves to share your contact information with other lenders. By doing so, they increase your visibility within the lenders’ network, increasing your chances of securing an emergency loan.
- Time Efficient: It takes a short amount of time for your application to be reviewed by lenders. Feedback is also quick to be given. When an offer is agreeable, funds are disbursed within 24 hours.
- Increased Visibility of Your Loan Request: PersonalLoans.com strives to get you alternative options if your application is unsuccessful within the platform.
- Credit Line: You have the option of applying for a line of credit. This is ideal if you constantly find yourself needing emergency funds. You can borrow the full allowable limit in one or multiple transactions.
- Credible and Reliable: Your information is protected using data encryption mechanisms. PersonalLoans.com is accredited by the Online Lending Alliance, gaining its credibility within the industry.
- Free Request Form: You are not required to pay any fees to access the loan request form.
- Large network of lenders to choose from
- Flexible repayment terms
- Straightforward process
- Access to loan amounts of between $1000 and $35,000
- Quick money transfers
- Provides borrowers with a line of good credit
How We Made This List
A lot of research went into compiling this list. Before presenting it to you, we took a deep dive into the numerous available emergency credit bureaus and unions. We followed a strict guideline that provided various checks and balances to ensure that our resultant list offers you the best possible loan options.
What We Looked For
- Minimum Credit Score: We considered the minimum acceptable credit score customers required to have to qualify for credit assistance. We excluded those that did not lend to customers with a low credit score or a bad history.
- Reputation: How long have they been in business? What is their record of accomplishment when it comes to reliability? How satisfied are their customers with interest rates? How transparent are their services? Are there any hidden costs attached to acquiring loans with the bank account? How long does it take them to approve and transfer the much-needed funds to their clients? Only service providers that had fast lending times and a record of good customer satisfaction made our list. We gauged the excellence of services provided by reviewing verified customer reviews and recommendations.
- Straightforward Process: Again, emergencies are time-sensitive affairs. You want a service provider that has the most hassle-free and straightforward process. Since it is an emergency, you probably don’t have the extra money to spare for a credit application fee. We removed from our list any service provider that charged a fee to access the registration form or had an unnecessarily complicated application process.
- Reasonable Borrowing and Repayment Terms: Lastly, we considered the least loan amounts offered, the repayment terms, as well as the annual percentage rates (APRs) of the remaining service providers. We retained the lenders with higher minimum loan offerings for borrowers with bad credit scores. Since loans are not free offerings, flexible payday loans and low APRs are important considerations. We only considered credit bureaus that allowed for flexible monthly payments as well as those that had competitive APRs.
Factors to Consider When Looking for an Emergency Loan With Bad Credit
It is easy to accept a bad loan when seeking an emergency loan. After all, you are looking for the fastest solution to ease your current financial strain. Before you put pen to paper and sign on the dotted line, pause and consider the following factors:
By taking out an emergency loan, you are looking for funds to make things easier for you. Before you accept a personal loan offer, consider the financial implications of the repayment terms. Is the loan repayment period agreeable? Is the total monthly installment a sum that is comfortable for you? Does the lender offer extensions on repayment periods? Are there any penalties for late repayments? A loan calculator will come in handy when looking to evaluate the different offers received from various lenders. Prequalification, where applicable, allows you to find out the repayment terms, interest rates, and loan limits offered by various lenders before having to commit.
Loans can generally be divided into two categories, secured and unsecured loans, each having its strengths and weaknesses. Secured loans offer you a lower APR, but you run the risk of losing your collateral should you be unable to pay. Unsecured loans have the opposite dilemma. Here you get higher APRs but do not require to give collateral as a prerequisite for obtaining an emergency loan. Unsecured loans also take a shorter time to process than secured ones.
Different lenders offer different lending interest rates for loans issued. The lending interest rate you receive on an emergency loan offer is often a factor of your credit history, the type of lender you are borrowing from, and the repayment period. The lower your credit score, the higher the interest rate you will likely attract. It is up to you to do your due diligence and compare lending rates from different lenders before you settle on any loan offer. A lower lending rate will help to bring down the total cost of the loan.
Seeking financial aid from online lending markets opens you up to a host of risks. You are required to give personal and sensitive information such as your name, identification details, and checking account details. Transparency in the operations of lending platforms is thus important.
Look at customer reviews to understand the lenders’ reputation. Keep a lookout for any hidden fees or unnecessarily complex processes. Be wary of overly aggressive payday lenders that push you to accept a loan offer without giving you enough time to look it over. Also, avoid lenders that request extremely private information.
A lender’s customer support and general customer service are factors that you cannot afford to ignore. You need a lender that will give you the right guidance during your loan application process. Moreover, you require a lender to understand your circumstances should you encounter any financial hardships during your repayment period.
Credit scores help lenders determine whether you are a risk worth investing in. Having a low credit score puts you at a disadvantage with most loan lenders. However, some lenders do not consider the borrower’s credit score, especially for short-term loans. The prompt repayment of your loans helps to improve your credit score. This, in turn, makes it easier for you to gain access to credit in the future.
If you are seeking an emergency loan, then time is of the essence. It would be best to have a loan lender that understands your urgency and has a short disbursement period. Lenders that disburse funds within 24 hours or less are best suited for emergency personal loans.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. What is a credit score?
The Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) credit-scoring model considers a person’s borrowing and repayment history, credit utilization history, types of loans borrowed, new debt, and the amount of debt currently sustained to determine one’s credit score. Credit score ranges from 300 to 850, with 300 being the lowest and 850 being the highest. A credit score is poor if it goes between 300 to 579 points, while a score above 670 is good. Your credit score acts as a determinant for the interest rate you receive, as well as the credit limit extended.
Q2. Do I qualify for an emergency loan if I have bad credit?
A bad credit score makes it difficult for you to access a credit card. However, some lenders are willing to offer emergency loans to applicants with bad credit. The majority of the lenders that use an applicant’s credit score as a criterion for evaluating their eligibility tend to consider a score of at least 580 points.
Bad credit scores attract higher lending interest rates. A messy credit history decreases a lender’s confidence in your ability to pay back the loan at the set time. This is especially true if you are looking to gain a payday loan or a personal loan.
Not all lenders, however, consider your credit history when reviewing your loan application. They substitute this metric with other forms of credit data to determine your suitability for a loan.
Q3. How can I use an emergency loan?
How you utilize an emergency loan will differ from situation to situation. People take out emergency loans to cover unexpected medical bills, home repairs, funeral expenses, car repairs, urgent utility bills, or mortgage payments.
Q4. How can I get an emergency loan with bad credit?
By now, you understand the implications of a bad credit score on your ability to get a loan. However, there are ways to work around it when looking to access an emergency loan. The first option is to include a co-signer in your application. Your co-signer acts as a guarantor to your loan. If you cannot repay the loan, your co-signer essentially agrees to cover your loan cost. This works to improve a lender’s confidence in their chances of recovering their investment.
Credit unions or online lending markets allow for applicants with bad credit to access emergency loans. Usually, lenders within these communities are okay lending to applicants with a credit score of 580 points. Others completely disregard applicants’ credit scores but offer loans at a higher interest rate.
Lastly, suppose you consider getting an emergency personal loan. In that case, you can opt for a secured loan rather than an unsecured one. The advantage of doing so is the reduced interest. However, you’ll need to provide some form of collateral. Lenders will value the collateral provided to determine your loan limit.
Q5. Where can I get an emergency loan?
You can receive an emergency loan in multiple ways. The most traditional of these options is a banking institution. An emergency loan for bad credit might be difficult to access in these institutions due to their high credit score requirements. You might also have to provide security for the loan received. Lastly, the downside of seeking emergency loans from traditional banks is the relatively long processing time.
Credit unions provide better interests to account holders and union members. You also stand a better chance of accessing an emergency loan. Credit unions are also more tolerable of bad and fair credit scores than banks.
Lastly, you have the option of seeking out online lenders. There are a few advantages of opting for online lenders over traditional banks. You can save time with the prequalification services offered by a majority of these lenders. Instead of waiting for days to get the verdict of your loan application, you can get the answer within minutes. They also have fast disbursement times compared to their traditional counterparts. This is a plus when faced with an emergency. Just be sure to do your homework to determine the reputability of your lender of choice.
Q6. Which is the best emergency loan for someone with bad credit?
Emergency loans either have a fixed return deadline or take a line-of-credit approach. Both have their strengths, but which one you should use will depend on your needs. If it is a one-off transaction and you do not foresee its reoccurrence, then a loan with a fixed return deadline would be best suited. Here you have set installments that you require to pay by a set date. Suppose your situation is unpredictable, and you need to take out emergency funding frequently. In that case, a line of credit option might be best suited for you. Here, you have a fixed borrowing limit that you can take out either in one installment or multiple installments. Once you repay your installments, you are free to borrow again. This option allows for a larger loan limit than one with a fixed return deadline.
Conclusion: Which Is the Best Portal to Get Emergency Loans?
We all find ourselves in situations requiring financial assistance. Even the most financially organized amongst us have instances where they struggle to meet their financial obligations. This is especially true in the current economic climate. The rise in demand for emergency loans and the increasing number of lenders looking to cash in on this growing demand drove us to curate a list of the best emergency loans for bad credit.
The online lenders like Money Mutual, Persona Loans, CashUSA are highlighted above offer a mix of short-term and line of credit loans with varying interest rates. Loan limits and interest rates depend on your credit score, type of loan offered, and the type of lender making the offer. On these platforms, you will find both state-licensed and tribal lenders. We have selected companies that make the borrowing process as cost and time-effective as possible. Furthermore, lenders within these lending markets have a reputation for being transparent and safeguarding their customers’ information.
Emergencies pop up at the most unexpected times. These companies allow you to focus on solving the arising problems. At the same time, they strive to provide you with funds in the shortest time possible. Remember, you are in control of the borrowing at all times. Don’t let any loan lender coarse you into an offer that does not work in your favor.